God wants everyone in your family to be blessed. From the least, unto the greatest, it is His desire that all that is in your household be entrenched in God’s favor. What better gift to give to your children than to extend the blessings of the Lord over their life. These little ones will be the next carriers of God’s word. They will be the conduits through which generations after them will find their way to the Lord and His salvation. It all starts with what is planted in them today. When we step off the scene we want to be sure these future leaders are strengthened in His might and power.
Below are verses you can begin to pray over your children today. Sow the seed of God’s Word into their life through intercession and may the Lord bless their growth.
- A prayer for beautifully mature growth – “That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as pillars, sculptured in palace style,” – Psalm 144:12, NKJV.
- A prayer for the instruction of the Lord and peace – “All thy children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of thy children,” Isaiah 54:13.
- A prayer for understanding and judgment; to be opened to receive guidance – “My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment, for I am giving you good guidance. Don’t turn away from my instructions,” – Proverbs 4:1-2, NLT
- A prayer to stay on the paths of the righteous – “That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous,” – Proverbs 2:20.
- A prayer for God’s blessings – “The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace,” – Numbers 6:24-26.
- A prayer for a deep relationship with God – “For in him we live, and move, and have our being . . .” – Acts 17:28.
- A prayer for protection – “The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore,” – Psalm 121:7-8.
- I declare today, My children are a gift and a blessing from God – Psalm 127:3-5.
There are numerous verses you can proclaim over your family today. Many of these I have prayed over my own children down through the years and though many are of adult age, some with children of their own, I still find myself praying for them.
God’s Word is powerful! Why not use it to pray over and bless the lives of your children?