“And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come” 1 Thessalonians 1:10
One of the truest treasures we can experience in our time is the dawning of a new day. When the sun rises it brings with it the inspiration of hope that today can be different. There is an automatic separation of what took place in the past, in the yesterdays of life, as opposed to that promise rising in the east that speaks of what now can be.
But, there is a greater day we hold fast to in hopes of seeing. A time when what our hearts truly are seeking after appears in the clouds (Revelation 1:7) and every eye will see Him. He that shines more brilliantly than that sphere awakening a new physical day. We shall see the Son as He is, awakening a spiritual dawning of triumph. He that is glorified and full of majesty, whose radiant glow cannot be compared, shall come!
Oh, what a day that will be! The chains and the shackles of this world will be permanently loosed and true freedom will come once and for all. God’s people will rise to reign in victory because the Son has come!
For the unrepentant it will be a fearful time: “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory,” (Mt. 24:30, emphasis mine).
Luke 21:25-28 explains it to be a time of “distress of nations, with perplexity” and that “men’s hearts failing them for fear.” That the “powers of heaven shall be shaken,” and then they will see the “Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.”
Bur, the end of verse 28 encourages us, “Lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh!” The Son is coming!
For those in a relationship with Him, the Son is coming to bless His people! Those who have been restored and made new by the blood of the new testament (Matthew 26:28) are those who accepted Him. Those who accepted Him are those who will rejoice at His coming because their inheritance is with Him.
The Bible gives us these promises of who we are now and what we have to look forward to:
- “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name,” (John 1:12, emphasis mine).
- “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus,” (Galatians 3:26, emphasis mine).
- “Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God, (Ephesians 2:19, emphasis mine).
- “Ye are Christ’s!” He has secured membership for you and me. He has redeemed us and set in a place to be called His own. We are now “joint-heirs” with Him, we are connected with Him, (Romans 8:17, emphasis mine).
- “Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men!” (Psalm 31:19, NKJV, emphasis mine).
- “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” (Revelation 22:12)
- “In the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:8, NASB)
- “And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.” (1 Peter 5:4)
Our future ahead looks awesome because of He whom we are waiting for!
God promised a Redeemer and He is the Son, and the Son is coming! We who belong to Him have something to get happy about!