“This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.” Psalm 119:50, NKJV
The richness of God’s Word can never be underestimated in our lives. When sought after wholeheartedly, it becomes more than we could ever hope for.
As we peruse the pages of Scripture and happen upon those words that speak directly to our hearts – that speaks directly to our situation – that speak, in some way or form, directly to us personally – those words give us life.
They animate us from the inside out. They stir something beautiful and special in us, a sweet meditation of the heart that is full of His Spirit and fuel for our life because the living Word is not only about what is written before our eyes on those glorious pages, but it dwells in the very center of our being.
You cannot have a satisfactory and full, beautifully flourishing relationship with God if you do not have a relationship with His Word, who also our Lord Jesus Christ is described as (John 1:1, 14).
Scripture doesn’t just tell us stories of a long-ago time for us to glean wisdom and encouragement from. My friend, it is so much more. The very Word is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16) and anointed, and powerful beyond what the ink of my pen or my understanding could write here today.
Nourished by the Word, it seeps like butter over fresh out-of-the-pan hot pancakes into every crevice of our heart, mind, and soul. It enlivens us and awakens our spirit in a way that nothing else can.
I implore you, do not neglect the gift and the life found in the Word. Hold its precepts, its correction, its instructions, and its encouragement like the treasure it is (Psalm 119:11; Colossians 3:16). Keep it close to you and never let it go. When you have nothing and nobody else, the Word will be your friend, your advice, your guide, your love, your inspiration, your hope, and your life.
In a previous article, Relationship With the Word, I jotted down some of my favorite “Word” verses found in just Psalm 119, NKJV. That chapter alone is a treasure trove of verses to learn about and be inspired by God’s Word. I will place them here as well in the hope that they will inspire your heart to find life in His Word.
Pick up these treasures and let them breathe life into your day:
“Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!” (vs. 2).
“You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently,” (vs. 4).
- “Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes,” (vs. 5).
- “Let me not wander from Your commandments!” (vs. 10)
- “Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You,” (vs. 11).
- “I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches,” (vs. 14).
- “My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times,” (vs. 20).
- “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end,” (vs. 33).
- “Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it,” (vs. 35).
- “Establish Your word to your servant, who is devoted to fearing You,” (vs. 38).
- “Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness,” (vs. 40).
- “Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope,” (vs. 49).
- “Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments,” (vs. 66).
- “I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right,” (vs. 75).
- “Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven,” (89).
- “Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction,” (vs. 92).
- “You are my hiding place and shield; I hope in Your word,” (vs. 114).
- “Direct my steps by Your word,” (vs. 133).
- “Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble,” (vs. 165).
In many dark times, and even on the good days, the Word is what shines a light brighter than any sun. In the Word, we find comfort, solace, and peace no matter the prisons that try to hold us. We need the WORD!
Copyright © Word For Life Says.com articles/lessons/worksheets may not be copied or redistributed without the express written permission of WordforLifeSays.com. Please see the COPYRIGHT PAGE for more details. Blessings to you.